At Benard + Associates, our mission is to provide superior solutions for our clients through the efficient delivery of investigation, mediation, education, and coaching services. As a result of our continuing growth, we are pleased to be recruiting for the position of Workplace Investigator.
Our clients deal with complex issues requiring unique and flexible responses upon which they can rely. At Benard + Associates we have that unique mix of expertise that allows us to integrate our approaches in the manner that best suits our clients’ needs. Our ability to provide this combination of services allows for tailored solutions to any issue. It is our desire to provide our clients with superior services and results every time they need us.
Reporting to the Director of Workplace Solutions, the successful candidate will be required to consistently apply the appropriate principles of investigation, administrative fairness and applicable legislation in order to carry out workplace harassment, code of conduct, and discrimination investigations. The successful candidate will manage highly sensitive, complex matters, leveraging a solid understanding of human rights and employment laws and substantial experience applying those laws to workplace issues, and conducting related investigations.
Workplace investigators also apply their broad knowledge of human resources, workplace culture, leadership, and conflict resolution to make post-investigation recommendations and analyze the root causes of workplace conflict.
Details of the role:
- Manages the full investigation process from intake to final report including
- Initial client intake
- Interviewing parties and witnesses
- Preparing investigation reports
- Debriefing parties/stakeholders and making recommendations
Skills & qualifications required:
- Completion of a degree or post-secondary certificate in Labour Relations or Human Resources, Law, or related field. Advanced degree preferred – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant positions such as Workplace Investigator, or intermediate to senior HR position with responsibility for employee relations, labour relations, or HR business partnership
- Experienced in complex workplace harassment and discrimination investigations,
- Experience providing labour relations or investigations at unionized employers preferred
- In-depth knowledge of employment and occupational health and safety related legislation (i.e. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, Canada Labour Code)
- Affiliated certifications and expertise related to organizational development, mediation and conflict resolution, workplace assessment, team dynamics and leadership coaching will be considered assets
- Oral communication, presentation and consultation skills to provide expertise/advice to colleagues and clients
- Superior written communication skills to conduct investigations and provide reports, briefings and memoranda
- Ability to influence with strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Active listening skills to understand the full extent of issues, concentration to analyze issues, and resolve issues
- The incumbent has wide experience investigating all forms of alleged misconduct, and solid understanding of best practices in investigatory methods and techniques.
Location: Remote with occasional time in office (Cambridge, ON)
Salary: Up to $80K per year + benefits
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Benard + Associates will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Benard + Associates reserves the right to discontinue consideration of your application.
Benard + Associates employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Benard + Associates.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
BENARD + ASSOCIATES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For link to posting, please see the following: