Our client is an innovative and forward-thinking organization devoted to their staff, clients and community. They are a full-service marketing/communications company specializing in designing and executing direct marketing campaigns including direct mail, data, print, design, fulfillment, online marketing and web projects.
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time bindery and letter-shop operator, to work on jobs including folding, inserting, ink-jetting, clip-sealing, poly-bagging, tipping and other general bindery – with an emphasis on direct mail. This role will have increasing responsibility, including being trained to set up machines for projects, order fulfillment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will report to the Operations Manager
- You will train on and operate high-speed machinery including: inserters, folders, ink-jetters, tipping systems and poly-bagging systems
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order and maintain machines in peak operational status during production
- Regular machine maintenance and testing to ensure machines are achieving optimum performance
- Read and execute instructions from job dockets using detailed information provided
- Check and verify all job components against job docket indicators
- Complete jobs scheduled for the assigned equipment within the established time frames according to work orders within dockets
- Assist in training of new bindery staffs as required
- Ensure adherence to all QC policies and procedures with proper documentation
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with strong time management capabilities.
- Must have good communication skills and able to take direction well to complete tasks
- Physical manual labour required, must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., within safe work guidelines
- Willingness and ability to train, cross train, and develop in a team environment
- Proficiency with computers
- Ability to handle heavy equipment
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask
- Good communication skills
- Have good knowledge of mechanical devices
- Raymond Reach Lift Truck license considered an asset (not required)
We offer a competitive salary, benefits & vacation in a fast-paced, highly active environment. If you think you’re the ideal candidate, we look forward to receiving your resume.
Job Type: Full-time, Benefits after 3 months.
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
Applications can also be set to firstname.lastname@example.org.